Biz Buzz - Business News, Northeast MS

Biz Buzz - Business News, Northeast MS

Mississippi Axe Throwing Company opening in Tupelo next month

By | April 10, 2019
7 Comments
  • author avatar
    Bob White Da Bird 1 week ago Reply

This seems like something you would see on the Twilight Zone. Six lanes of drunk or high people throwing axes. I can see it now when the first “accident” happens. We didn’t know this was dangerous? You know some businesses are “dumb and dumber”. After the initial trend value wears off, it will close up faster than you can blink an eye. Amazing what people think is a good business plan. If they borrowed money to do this , what bank would loan it? It also is amazing how our municipal leaders could allow this. Just plain stupid!

• author avatar
      Steve 1 week ago Reply

Bob, so sorry to hear that you feel that way. But, I think you should probably do your research before making comments like that. First of all there will be no alcohol involved. Second of all axe throwing venues have been open since 2000 with no accidents ever on record. And most are extremely successful. So maybe people like yourself that make judgment before having all the information need to have all the facts before saying such hateful things.

• author avatar
      Blan 1 week ago Reply

Bob, the problem is, idiots will pay $20 an hour to do this. When you could get 4 official throwing axes for $110 and just need a target. It will be like all those paintball courses you dont see anymore, the people who got in first take all the trendy peoples money then sell it to some poor slob who thinks it will last forever. It is safe, I have seen people doing it. it is just darts, thats it….

• author avatar
    Shannon 1 week ago Reply

I can’t wait to come!!!! This is awesome 😎

• author avatar
    Mickey Quartermain 1 week ago Reply

Ill def try this! I have a question. Can I bring my own Battle Ax, it was a gift from my grandfather from Sweden. Its around 10 feet long, but it will sail straight into targets like butter. I was on a hunting expedition just last Summer and i took out 2 koala bears with it. I felt llike such a man, and the rush was so powerful. I know my daddy was looking down on me smiling.

• author avatar
    Bob White Da Bird 1 week ago Reply

Blan, I could not have said it better myself. Fads that last for “x” time and then “poof.” Like people cannot come to this place already “juiced.” Have no problem with anyone making a fast buck off the young and trendy kids. Been doing it since pet rocks and hula hoops. 18 months after it’s opening it will be gone, bank on it. I look at this the same way I look at folks that try to open a restaurant in the same location that has failed with food 5 times previously. It is like no one is thinking. If you got the collateral , the banks keep loaning and they know you will fail. I’m sorry, I wish you guys the best but I know the outcome. Can’t you see the lawyers “licking their chops” over this one. LOL