IHOP teased last week on Twitter that it was changing the “P” to “B“….
Many speculated that it could be breakfast, bacon, brunch, bananas, etc…
They were wrong.
Today it revealed that the “B” in the IHOB name change stands for “burgers,” a temporary change to promote the company’s Ultimate Steakburgers.
According to a company press release,
The change, in fact, celebrates the debut of the brand’s new Ultimate Steakburgers, a line-up of seven mouth-watering, all-natural burgers. Each Ultimate Steakburger starts with 100 percent USDA Choice, Black Angus ground beef that is smashed on the grill to sear in the juices and flavor before being topped with premium ingredients and sandwiched between a buttered and grilled Brioche bun.
The new burger line-up is available at IHOb restaurants nationwide starting today:
- Big Brunch – includes IHOP’s custom-cured, hickory-smoked bacon, a fried egg, a crispy browned potato, American cheese and a new signature burger sauce.
- Cowboy BBQ – includes two thick, crispy onion rings, custom-cured hickory-smoked bacon, American cheese, lettuce, tomato and BBQ sauce.
- Jalapeño Kick – come with a spicy blend of sautéed jalapeños, Serrano peppers and onion, custom-cured hickory-smoked bacon, Pepper-Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and jalapeño mayo.
- Mushroom & Swiss – a blend of sautéed mushrooms and onions, Swiss cheese and creamy mayo.
- The Classic – melting American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and the brand’s new signature Steakburger sauce.
- The Classic with Bacon – made with custom-cured hickory-smoked bacon, melting American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and the brand’s signature burger sauce.
- Mega Monster – two premium Steakburger patties, American and White Cheddar cheeses, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and the brand’s signature sauce.