Tupelo folks who have been looking more breakfast and brunch options will have their wishes come true soon.
Brick & Spoon, which serves “high-quality southern experience for those who want accessible, and upscale breakfast, brunch, and lunch dining,” is looking to open this summer in Tupelo and Oxford.
Travel & Leisure picked Brick & Spoon as having one of the top 10 breakfasts in the U.S. in 2014.
In Tupelo, Brick & Spoon will be located in the new addition recently built at Crye-Leike Plaza on North Gloster Street, which already is home to a few restaurants including Lost Pizza, Mist and Neon Pig.
In Oxford, it will be located at 1801 W. Jackson Ave, Suite D-12.
The franchise owners of the new locations are Darren and Kayla Stafford of Tupelo.
“We’re looking forward to bringing this caliber restaurant to Tupelo and Oxford, and we’re looking forward to many years of success,” Kayla Stafford said.
The Tupelo Brick & Spoon will be located in the newest addition to Crye-Leike Plaza on North Gloster Street.
Open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, Brick & Spoon says its mission is “to create unique meals with a spoonful of southern flair that comfort the heart and soul of every guest.”
Brick & Spoon was founded in 2013 and has locations in Lafayette, Louisiana; Mobile and Orange Beach.
Curious about the menu? Click here to scroll through the offerings.
According to a company press release, “Many Brick & Spoon features include hearty breakfast items and lunch fare paired with deliciously unique coffees and cocktails. Brick & Spoon will offer an array of Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, Bananas in Pajamas, seafood entrees and their signature ‘build your own’ Bloody Mary, with over 50 options to choose from.”
Here’s a sampling if you don’t want to look. Note that this isn’t a complete list, but rather a few items that caught my eye:
• STARTERS include a Biscuit Plate (two honeystyle biscuits topped with honey butter and served with seasonal marmalade; Deviled Bayou (Tasso deviled eggs topped with fried oysters and sriracha aioli) and Bananas in Pajamas (crispy banana egg rolls served with Fosters sauce)
• BREAKFAST includes Spinach Bacon Chedder Omelet Killer Creole omelet (Gulf shrimp, tasso, onions, bell peppers and cheddar jack, topped with house-made hollandaise), Spinach Bacon Chedder omelet; pancakes, beignets, french toast; several eggs Benedict offerings including the Farmers Market (English muffin, seasonal vegetables, poaches eggs and hollandaise) and Soft Shell Crab (English muffins, cornmeal dusted soft shell crab, Canadian bacon, poached eggs and hollandaise).
• BRUNCH include the American Breakfast (two eggs, pecan-smoked bacon, Canadian bacon, homestyle biscuit and fire-roasted corn grits); Shrimp and Grits and Breakfast Tacos (fried wonton shell, chorizo scrambled eggs, romaine, sour cream, mango salsa and cheddar jack cheese, served with pomme fries.)
• LUNCH include cheeseburgers and a variety of sandwiches. Salads also are available.
• COFFEE includes cappuccino, latte, double espresso and cold brew
• The BAR offers several cocktails, wine, beer and mimosas along with the Blood Marys.