Downtown Tupelo is offering several events this holiday season, along with some new opportunities, per the Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association.
• Things kick off this Sunday with its annual Holiday Open House from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Participating stores are About the South, Blairhaus, Caron Gallery, Farmhouse, Main Attraction, MLM Clothiers, Reed’s, Swirlz and Vow.
Holiday Open House will feature a new event – Stuff the Stocking. During the open house, each store will have its own stocking filled with exclusive products, which will be displayed for viewing. Shoppers are allowed one entry per store, with the chance to win multiple stockings. No purchase is necessary to enter. The drawing and notification of the winner will be decided by each store separately, so make sure to ask the retailer upon entering.
• On Saturday, Nov. 25, downtown will be open for Small Business Saturday during normal operating hours. Small Business Saturday is a national campaign that aims to highlight local business. There will be a welcome booth set up along Main Street and many stores will have special offers.
• Beginning Thursday, Nov. 30, downtown retailers will stay open later on Thursdays until Christmas, keeping their doors open until 7 p.m. every Thursday until Christmas. The dates for those Thursdays are Nov. 30 and Dec. 7, 14 and 21.
• On Friday, Dec. 1, the 69th Annual Reed’s Tupelo Christmas Parade will begin at 7 p.m. Applications are still being accepted with an added late fee of $25. Applications will no longer be accepted after Friday, November 10.
• Another new event to be featured this holiday season is Santa’s Last Stroll, which will be Dec. 22-23, from 5 p.m. -7 p.m. Because Christmas Eve is on a Sunday this year, downtown will be closed. To accommodate shoppers, retailers are staying open later during Santa’s Last Stroll, and they are taking extra measures to make sure it is an inviting and exciting time to shop downtown. Stores will be open during their regular operating hours that day, Santa’s Last Stroll will occur only during the extended hours.
Many of the details for Small Business Saturday and Santa’s Last Stroll are still being planned, so more details will follow soon. In the meantime, if there are any questions about any of these events, contact the Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association at (662) 841-6598.