Last week, we confirmed that Aldi was planning to open its first Northeast Mississippi location in Tupelo this fall.
And now the company is looking to hire.
On Wednesday, Aldi is having a “hiring event” from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the BancorpSouth Conference Center.
Here’s what the Aldi highlighted in a press release:
- Aldi offers employees generous compensation that is well above Mississippi minimum wage and the industry standard.
- Aldi also offers full health insurance, dental coverage and 401K for staff working at least 25 hours a week.
- Applicants can just apply in-person at the event – no need to apply beforehand.
JOBS TO BE FILLED
And what is Aldi looking for? Here are some details, with job description and what the pay is:
- Store Associate – $11.50 per hour
- Shift Manager – $11.50 per hour plus additional $4.50 per hour premium when performing manager duties
- Manager Trainee – $41,600 per year ($20 per hour averaging 40 hours per week), with an opportunity to earn $75,000-$85,000 per year as a Store Manager
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday – Sunday
- Retail experience preferred
- Management experience preferred for Manager Trainees
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
Aldi also said it recently was named to the Forbes 2017 list of America’s Best Large Employers for the third consecutive year