Several Northeast Mississippi Main Street associations won awards today at the 25th annual Mississippi Main Street annual luncheon.
The Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association won two awards.
DTMSA won the Best Creative Fundraising Project with its Feast for the Farmers event. Feast for the Farmers is held on the Friday prior to the official opening of the Farmers Market, and is its only fundraiser of the year.
DTMSA also won Best Image or Branding Promotion with its “American Rhythm, True Southern Spirit” campaign. Click here to see it.
Other Northeast Mississippi Main Street organizations also won awards, including:
- Greater Starkville Development Partnership: Best New Signage, for its Starkville wayfaring signage; and Best New Development Project, for Renasant Bank
- Water Valley Main Street: Best Adaptive Re-Use Project, for the Crawdad Hole Jr. and Main Street Merchant of the Year, Alexe Van Buren
- Pontotoc County Main Street: Best Public-Private Partnership Project, for its Off the Square Market
- Spirit of Main Street: Lawson Grimes, Aberdeen Main Street
- Spirit of Main Street: Mike Bryan, Amory Main Street
- Spirit of Main Street: Nancy Kidd, New Albany Main Street
- Main Street Manager of the Year: Ellen Russell, Pontotoc County Main Street