Going out to eat? Maybe one of the restaurants you’re thinking about going to was inspected during the past week. Note that the list for Lee County is shorter than normal, but that’s probably because of the tornado this week.
The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities. The facilities are graded from A to C., with “A” as the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi facilities were inspected between April 25-May 2.
• Tupelo: Pizza Hut #2135 (W. Main), CH Tenders Place
• Belden: Sprint Mart
• Baldwyn: Lamar’s Bar-B-Q & Catering
• Oxford: Burger King, Zaxby’s, Pizza Den, Texaco Express Shop, The Main Event, Subway (W. Jackson)
• Corinth: Taco Bell, AHRA Senior Citizen, Walmart Deli, Walmart Bakery, Crossroads Arena, Circle Y Equest Center, Malco 10 Theater’s, Lloyd’s Harper Rd. Cafe, Summer Tyme Sno, Harper Rd. T-Mart #9 , Waffle House, Sprint Mart (Hwy. 72), Mi Ranchito Mexican Rest., BD Mart
• Calhoun City: Subway
• Houston: Buffet World
• Fulton: The Waterfront Restaurant
• Amory: Wendy’s, Golden Living Center, Amory Senior Center/Meals on Wheels, Panda Buffet, Country Boy’s Burger, Country Kitchen, Domino’s Pizza, Amory Auction, Mr. Market and Deli Inc. #2, Gilmore Memorial Hospital/Morrison Healthcare, New Hunan Chinese
• Nettleton: Sonic Drive In
• Starkville: The Cake Box
• Sturgis: Pauls Home for Children
• Booneville: Catfish Country
• Ripley: Tippah County Hospital, KFC Taco Bell, Shirley’s Restaurant, Papa Don’s Cafe
• Iuka: Iuka Elementary, Pizza Hut, Homestead Restaurant, Handy Sandy, Hometown Pizza of Iuka
• Burnsville: Burnsville School
• New Albany: New Albany Elementary, New Albany Middle School, New Albany High School, New Haven School
• Houston: Express Shop
To check facilities in other counties, visit the Mississippi State Department of Health’s website here.