The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities.
The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi facilities were inspected between March 28-April 4.
The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
• Tupelo: Bishop’s BBQ Grill (West Main), Joyner School, Pierce Street School, McDonald’s (South Gloster), Magnolia BBQ & Fish, Fresh Market Cafe
• Mooreville: Trooper Dairy Bar
• Nettleton: Mike Quick Stop, Nettleton High School
• Saltillo: Skybox Grill & Pizzeria
• Shannon: Pontocola One Stop
• Oxford: The Original Grit Girl from Oxford, North Oxford Baptist Church, Sizzler Steak House, B’s Bar-B-Q, H2oxford Oriental Cafe, Ravine Catering, Ravine, Kendall’s Gas Mart, Kangaroo 1542, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Lenny’s Sub Shop, Oxford High School Cafeteria, The Wine Bar.
• Corinth: Biggersville School, Kossuth School, Dilworth’s Tamales, Kossuth Elementary, Dogwood of Corinth, Slugburger Cafe, San Roque Tienda Mexicana, Frankie’s, Harper Quick Stop, Crossroads Quickstop, the Pit Stop
• Rienzi: Rienzi School
• Glen: Parade Quick Stop, The Kaboose BBQ
• Ramer: Tuscumbia River Bottom BBQ
• Bruce: Glass Kitchen
• Houston: Houston High School Cafeteria, Houston Middle School, Thorn Grocery
• Houlka: Houlka Attendance Center Cafeteria
• Aberdeen: The Friendship House, Jugtown Grill
• Starkville: Bully Mart, Sonic #2, Vicker’s Personal Care Home, Buffalo Wild Wings
• Pontotoc: Sam’s Smoke Pit, PontotocElementary, Pontotoc Jr.High Cafetria
• Walnut: Chalybeate School, Walnut High School
• Falkner: Falkner Elementary School, Falkner HIgh School
• Ripley: Bell’s B B Q, Subway Sandwiches, The Southrne Moon Cafe
• Tishomingo: George’s
• New Albany: Kangaroo Express #1540
Mac’s Meat Market (Starkville)
Thai Siam (Starkville)
To check facilities in other counties, go to msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/43,1911,231,203.html. If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.