The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities. The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi faciliaties were inspected between March 10-21. The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
• Tupelo: Thomas Street Coffee, Hardin’s Country Store, Courtyard by Marriott, O’Charley’s, Daybrite (Vend Food), Lane Furniture, West End Market & Deli, Chevron Main Stop Grocery (West Main), Romie’s Grocery, Sonic Drive In (North Gloster), Cafe 212, Magnolia Manor, Sam’s Corner Deli, Cajun Cafe Grill, Nautical Whimsey Italian Bistro, Blue Canoe, Cross Roads Rib Shack, Malibu’s Wings, Taqueria La Capital Mexican Grill, D’Casa (Mall), Homers Steaks & More, Simply Irresistible Treats, Two Dudes Mexican Foods
• Belden: Old Venice PIzza, Local Mobile
• Plantersville: Estes Fish & Steak, Nate’s Restaurant
• Shannon: My Brother’s Cup Coffee Company. Zack’s Quick Stop
• Oxford: Huddle House, Abner’s Restaurant (W. Jackson), Hampton Inn, Subway Sandwich (W. Jackson), Ward’s Short Stop, Honey Bee Bakery, The Noodle Bowl, The Blind Pig Pub & Deli, Oxford Four Corner Chevron, 3-Way Grocery, Pirate Adventures Family Fun Center, Oxford Junction, Oxford Junction-Baskin Robbins, College Hill Store, Robel Barn, The Lyric Oxford, Cups
• Abbeville: #7 Quick-Stop
• Corinth: Whitfield Nursing, Country Cottage, Ryans Family Steak House, Baskin Robbins Ice Cream (3/17/14), City Park Concession #1, Corinth Elementary School, Swans Sweet Treats, Considerate Care
• Fulton: ICC Cateteria
• Starkville: KFC, Rosey Baby, Applebee’s, Zaxby’s, Chili’s, Wendy’s, Montgomery Gardens, Halfway House, OEC Japanese Express, The Rubba Boot Crawfish Co.
Maben: Sprint Mart, The General Store, Dew’s Place
• Pontotoc: St. Bethany Fresh, Advantage Inventory Concessions
• Booneville: Pizza Hut, David Lenzini, Jenna Bell’s, Tropical Treats
• Marietta: Ramey’s Family Restaurant
• Ripley: McDonalds, Crums Sandwitch Shop, Golden China
• Dumas: Dumas Diner
• Iuka: Ten Speeds BBQ, Tip’s Bar B Q, Lil Smokies, Taste Buds, Southern Magnolia Estates
• Tishomingo: Sunflower Super Market, Martyville
• Burnsville: Sisters Cafe
• New Albany: Burger King, Taylor’s Fish and Steak House, Game: Tyme, McAlister’s Deli, The Warehouse Fish and Steak
• Blue Springs: Snack Time Vending, Blue Springs Grocery & Grill, Simply Southern Sisters
China Capital (Tupelo), New China (Tupelo-Main Street), Live From the Kitchen (Tupelo – follow-up 3/17/14), S&Z Express (Rienzi), Bishop’s BBQ Grill (Booneville), Cardinal Restaurant
Live From the Kitchen (Tupelo, 3/10/14), Baskin Robbins Ice Cream (Corinth, 3/10/14), Starkville Bojangles, Carrington House (Iuka)
To check facilities in other counties, go to msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/43,1911,231,203.html. If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.