The snow and ice this week apparently slowed the work of food inspectors in the area, so it’s a shorter list than usual. But here are this week’s inspections, for what they’re worth.
The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities.
The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi faciliaties were inspected between Feb. 7-14.
The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
• Nettleton: Granny’s
• Oxford – Chow King Grill & Buffet, La Paz-Oxford, Einstein Brothers Bagels – Law School, Rebel Boilers LLC, Louisiana Rubdown, Local Flavor Oxford, Local Flavor Oxford (Processor)
• Corinth – Briggs, Brewers Drive In, TKE, MS Care Center of Alcorn County, Jin Jin Rest, Express Shop #6, Rest. At The In, Chapman’s Rest, Wendy’s, Easom Outreach Foundationd
• Houston – Snack’s Unlimited Franklin #1, Snack’s Unlimited Franklin #2, Saxon’s Drive In
• Amory – Bill’s Hamburgers, Sonic, Cakes by Rita, New Market
• MSU – Aramark Burger King
• Starkville – China Garden, Java Juice
• Booneville – Booneville HIgh School, Danny’s Italian Beef
• Marietta – Marietta School, The Grocery Store
• New Site – New Site High School
Oxford Food Mart (Oxford), Hampton Inn East (Oxford)
To check facilities in other counties, go to msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/43,1911,231,203.html. If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.