The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities.
The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi faciliaties were inspected between Jan. 17-24.
The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
• Belden – Itawamba Community College Culinary Arts Kitchen
• Tupelo – Express Shop #27 (West Main), Popeye’s Chicken, Sodexho Campus Diner, TJ’s Sports Bar
• Oxford – Walmart #699 Deli, Wal-Mart #699 Bakery, Abner’s Restaurant, Super 8, Kabuki, Kabuki Bar, Casa Mexicana of Oxford, Casa Mexicana Bar of Oxford, McEwen’s, Lamar Lounge rest, HotWangs.com, Circle K #912, Ember’s Biscuits and Bar B Que, Panda Express, Grill at 1810
• Corinth – Sonic Drive In, Kangroo #1537 (follow-up on 1/21/14), Shiloh Market, Lloyd’s Catering, Smith, Brock’s Grille, Shiloh Diner
• Ashland – Briarcrest Extended, Ciao Chow
• Hickory Flat – Nana’s Restaurant
• Houlka – Houlka Food Shop Deli
• Woodland – Ms. Joe’s Cafe
• Fulton – Daniel Assisted Living, Lily’s
• Holly Springs – Panda Buffet
• Victoria – Victoria Market
• Lamar – Slayden Travel Center
• Aberdeen – The Friendship House
• Amory – Pickles, Monroe Advanced Learning Center, Golden Living Center, Exxon Express #32, Pickle Barrel, Region III Mental Health, Food Giant, Miller’s on Main
• Starkville –Oby’s Delicatessen, Casa Bravo, Walmart Bakery Deli, Taco Bell #4274, Sprint Mart #4147, Great American Grill/Hilton Garden Inn, D’s BBQ
• Pontotoc –Dominos Pizza, Sonic Drive-In, Mi Publo, Mi Pueblo #3, Hardees
• Burnsville – Waterway Grill
• Iuka – Sprint Mart #41, B&B Snack Bar, Front Street Snack Bar
• New Albany – Graceland Care Center, Mid South Waffles Unit 1952, El Agave Mexican Grill
New Hunan Chinese Restaurant (Amory; follow-up inspection)
Kangroo #1537 (inspection 1/17/14 in Corinth)
To check facilities in other counties, go to msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/43,1911,231,203.html. If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.