No B or C grades in this week’s restaurant inspection report, culled from the state Department of Health records. Always a good thing.
The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities. The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi facilities were inspected between Dec. 13-20.
The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
- Tupelo – Red Lobster, Carmelkorn & Balloons, Sams (Club Cafe), Woody’s, Hardee’s Restaurant (477 E. Main), Hardees of Tupelo (2439 W. Main), Steak Escape (1723 N. Gloster), Lenny’s Sub Shop
- Plantersville – Country Store
- Saltillo – Fast Lane
- Verona – Hardees
- Oxford –Papa John’s, North Mississippi Regional Center, The Brittany Store, Holiday Inn Express, Littlejohn’s, Elizabeth Heiskell Catering
- Corinth – Plaza Lanes Snack B, Pizza Hut, China Palace, Subway Mobile Unit, Region IV CDC, Mi Toro Mexican Rest., Waffle House, Mi Ranchito Mexican Rest., B-Market
- Ashland – Ashland Hardware
- Houston – Pizza Hut, T’s Bar-B-Q Pit, Fernbrooke Personal Care Home
- Waterford – The Cherry Place
- Holly Springs – Sacred Heart Southern Missions, Domino’s Pizza
- Baldwyn – Hometown Pizza
- Booneville – By Pass Burger Shop
- Blue Mountain – Strick’s Store & Grill
- Ripley – Dodge’s Store, Newby Grill, Exxon
- Walnut – Subway Sanwiches
- Belmont – Sonic Drive In, The Lunch Box, Ewing BBQ
- Iuka – Cafe Memories Grill
- Tishomingo – Tishomingo State Park – Group
To check facilities in other counties, go to msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/43,1911,231,203.html. If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.