If you’re thinking about going out in the rain and cold to eat tonight, be careful. Meanwhile, here are restaurant inspections around Northeast Mississippi done Nov. 26-Dec. 5.
The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities. The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
- LEE COUNTY: (Baldwyn) Pizza Factory, Twenty Mile Fish Lake (Mooreville) Mooreville High School, Mooreville Elementary, Two Sisters; (Shannon) Griggs Grocery’s Deli, J&G One Stop; (Shannon) Smokey’s; (Tupelo) Papa Vanelli’s Pizzaria, Captain D’s – North Gloster, Palmetto Quick Stop, Sprint Mart #49, Newk’s Express Cafe, Mt. Fuji, Don Julio, Japanese Express,
- LAFAYETTE COUNTY: The Skate Place, Taqveria El Milagro, Taqueria El Milagro Bar, Oak Hill Stables, Carter’s Place, Harmons
- ALCORN COUNTY: Rienzi School, Corinth High School, Alcorn Central Elementary, Alcorn Central High, Glen School, Biggersville School, Kossuth School, Cafe Mike’s, Country Cottage, Kossuth Elementary, Tab & JoAnn Concession, Corinth Elementary, Grandmother Iron Skillet Kitchen, JT’z
- CALHOUN COUNTY: (Calhoun City) Rydell’s, Subway #37658; (Bruce) T-N-T Supermarket, Subway, T & V Bar-B-Q
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Aunt Dale’s Country Kitchen (Houlka)
- MARSHALL COUNTY: (Byhalia) Son Exxon , Herb’s Paradise Food Concessions; (Holly Springs) JB’s Family Restaurant, The Smiling Phoenix, Peggy’s Concession, Thistledome
- MONROE COUNTY: (Aberdeen) Sonic, Topp’s BBQ, Mildred’s Restaurant, Fountain Grill, LeRoux, Mr. Charlie’s; (Hamilton) Lackie’s Steak and Fish, Sprint Mart
- OKTIBBEHA COUNTY: Aramark Catering
- PRENTISS COUNTY: (Booneville)Tuscumbia One Stop
- TIPPAH COUNTY: (Walnut) L-K Discount Food; (Ripley) Acapulco Tropical Tacqueria, Time Out Sports Bar and Grill
To check facilities in other counties, visit http://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/43,1911,231,203.html.
If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.