I think it’s clear that Black Friday is no longer quite the same with more stores opening on Thanksgiving. Black Thursday perhaps? Anyway, several national retailers have announced their Thanksgiving Day hours. Here’s what we have so far:
I know, I know, we don’t have a Target in Tupelo, but you get the idea about Black Friday/Thursday shopping.
• Kmart will open at 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving once again – it’s done that since 2010 – but it’ll stay open for 41 hours.
In the past it opened at 6 a.m., but closed for a few hours and then reopened.
• Parent company Sears Holdings will open its Sears-branded stores at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
Three years ago, Sears opened from 7 a.m. to noon on Thanksgiving, but stay closed in 2011. Last year, it opened at 8 p.m.
• Kohl’s is opening on Thanksgiving at 8 p.m. and will stay open for 28 hours.
• JCPenney is opening at 8 p.m
• Nothing official yet from Walmart, but last year it opened at 8 p.m on Thanksgiving.