The state Department of Health regularly inspects restaurants and food facilities. The facilities are graded from A to C. “A” is the best. “C” is the equivalent of failing, but the inspection isn’t bad enough to merit the closure of the restaurant.
The following Northeast Mississippi facilities were inspected between Oct. 18-25. The facilities are listed as they are in the MSDH system, even if there are typos.
—– A’s —–
• LEE COUNTY: Tupelo Coliseum/East, Tupelo Coliseum/South, Steak Escape (Mall at Barnes Crossing), Sbarro’s #390, Burger King (West Main, Tupelo), Latienda 3 Estrellas, Git-n-Go (Baldwyn), Brim’s Comfort Food, Krispy Krunchy Chicken @ The Mall, Fratesi’s Italian Restaurant (Saltillo).
• LAFAYETTE COUNTY: Proud Larry’s, MS State Veterans Home, McAlister’s Deli, Subway Sandwich and Salads #3042 (West Jackson Ave.), McDonald’s (West Jackson Ave., Oxford), Big Bad Breakfast, SnackBar Restaurant. L B’s meat Market .
• ALCORN COUNTY: Dogwood of Corinth, MS Care Center of Alcorn County, Texaco Food Mart (S. Harper Road, Corinth), Cornerstone Health & Rehab of Corinth, The Pit Stop, Jin Jin Rest, Mi Taco Azteca, The Kaboose BBQ (Glen), Huddle House #469 (Hwy 72 W, Corinth), Espresso 2 Go, Domino’s Pizza, Corner Slice Pizza, Taqueria Azteca #2 Mobil.
• CHICKASAW COUNTY: Snacks Unlimited, Pappa’s Pizza
• ITAWAMBA COUNTY: The Waterfront Restaurant, Mantachie Citgo, Los Compadres, Sprint Mart #9 (Fulton), Dorsey Food Mart, Rick’s Bar-B-Que and Frozen Treats
• OKTIBBEHA COUNTY: Three Little Pigs, New’s Express Cafe, Chick-Fil-A.
• PRENTISS COUNTY: Bumpers Drive Inn (Baldwyn), Landmark, Catfish Country, Subway (Walmart, Booneville), Ramey’s Family Restaurant (Marietta), Grambo’s Grill and Pizzeria, Little Caesars Pizza.
• TISHOMINGO COUNTY: Eastport Marina & Resort (Iuka), Tishomingo Middle School, Tishomingo Co High, Iuka Middle School, Kirbys #4 (Belmont), PIggly Wiggly #59 (Iuka), Golden Mini Mart, Yesteryear’s Treats.
—– B’s —–
McDonald’s #4492 (University Avenue, Oxford), Donald’s Donuts (Corinth)
—– C’s —–
Burger King (Oxford)
To check facilities in other counties, go to msdh.ms.gov/food/defaultDates.aspx. The health department’s disclaimer: If in doubt about any facility, call the responsible health department.