We’ve got all the info you need to score Black Friday deals in Tupelo.
Info you need to know this year:
• schedule of when Tupelo stores open for Black Friday
• Belk – for the first time ever – will open at midnight Thursday.
• JCPenney explains why it will be the last store in The Mall at Barnes Crossing to open.
• Some Black Friday ads are in today’s paper. More will be in Thursday’s Daily Journal.
• The line this year at Best Buy started Wednesday (pix & details).
• Old Navy will have security this year, but will it stop the chaos that happened last year?
• advice from Black Friday shoppers about how to survive the line and score the best deals.
• If you cause a problem in line in Tupelo, you could get cited and/or arrested for disorderly conduct. You also could get cited/arrested for failure to comply with a police officer. Fines can go up to $284, according to Larry Montgomery with Tupelo Municipal Court.
• Forget Black Friday. It’s now Black Thursday. Here’s why.
• list of holiday hours for Tupelo grocery stores and liquor stores
• Sonic on North Gloster will be open from 9 a.m. Thursday until 3 a.m. Friday. List of other restaurants that are open.
• Video from the mini stampede at Old Navy in 2009 in Tupelo
• Last year, Old Navy shoppers called 911 in Tupelo after they said they feared their safety. Pix here.
• What Old Navy’s manager had to say about shoppers last year.
• Tupelo stores, in our opinion, that do a good job with Black Friday lines
If you are out shopping Thursday and Friday, tweet us a pic of what you see (lines, shoppers, good deals, etc). Send it to @dennisseid, @djournalnow and @carlie_kollath. We’ll retweet you.