From our #djournal cohort JB Clark:
MOOREVILLE – Wicks’n’More candle factory was fully consumed in a fire early Tuesday morning.
Josh Jones pours wax into rows of molds at Designer Wicks in Moorevile. (Djournal file photo from Deste Lee)
Mooreville firefighters, along with help from other volunteer departments, fought the blaze from around 2 a.m. until 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Mooreville Fire Chief Ron White said the building was half burnt when they received the call and the building was fully consumed by the fire at the end of this morning.
Our previous coverage from three years ago:
Wicks n’ More, the Mantachie candle company that went into liquidation last fall, is back in business.
Beckey Neal and her daughter, Kim Neal, the creators and founders of Wicks n’ More have teamed up again to put the company back on its feet. In fact, they’ve opened Designer Wicks, a division of Wicks n’ More, in Mooreville.
Click here to read more.